Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I had a sizable loss in the previous years. How can I deduct

Customer Question
from this years gain?...
I had a sizable loss in the previous years. How can I deduct from this years gain?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
4/18/2017
Tax Professional: Brian Michels, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 7 months ago
Brian Michels
Brian Michels, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. I look forward to helping you with your issue. What do the losses relate to? Capital gains or, passive activity losses or loss in excess of basis that was disallowed and carried forward? Did you complete a Form 6198 or Form 8582 in 2015 that has figures from the disallowed losses?

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney