Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

Because taxes are due tomorrow here in MA LOL. I am

Customer Question

ok please because taxes are due tomorrow here in MA LOL
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Ok I am currently working on my parents taxes for 2016 but my mom received two 1099-R forms one from the state and the other federal
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no but I am trying to do this on h & r block online but I hav ebeen on hold fr almost 2 hours and time is running out
Category: Tax
Expert:  Brian Michels replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. I look forward to helping you with your issue. The 1099-R forms that your parents received should both be recorded on the Form 1040. They BOTH should be reported on the Federal return. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a state and federal

Where are the 1099-R's from? They both need to be reported for Federal income tax purposes.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have one that is through the retirement board in Boston and a federal return

Both 1099's should be entered into your tax software. Include the total distribution, total taxable distribution as well as any Federal and State withholdings for reach.