How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7117
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We paid investment advisement fees for my husband's 401K

Customer Question

Hi Pearl!
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: We paid investment advisement fees for my husband's 401K account with a personal check - not within the fund. Are all of the fees paid deductible on our federal return?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: all earnings are rolled back into the 401K. my husband is still working
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 3 months ago.

Yes, the investment advisory fees are deductible as a Miscellaneous Itemized Deduction on Line 23, subject to the 2% floor. (Form 1040, Schedule A, Line 23).

Steve G.