How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29574
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Mother passed away in May 2016. I am the Executrix of her

Customer Question

My Mother passed away in May 2016. I am the Executrix of her estate. Can I file an extension for 2016 for the filing of her Federal Income Tax Return? She paid some estimate taxes prior to her death.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 3 months ago.

Please be aware there are two separate extensions for your mother's final tax return (form 1040) and for income tax return of the estate (1041)

So - you will use different forms

Let me know if you need any help.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can you help me file her 1040 Return on time since it is due tomorrow?
Expert:  Lev replied 3 months ago.

I may verify your filing - but I am not allowed to prepare your tax return or sign it.

Expert:  Lev replied 3 months ago.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.