How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brian Michels Your Own Question
Brian Michels
Brian Michels, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 162
Experience:  Partner at Michels & Hanley CPAs, LLP
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Brian Michels is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a sole-propietor LLC here in the USA, Last year I paid

This answer was rated:

hi I am a sole-propietor LLC here in the USA
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Last year I paid a Chilean company for some services. How do I file that expense?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I have receipts and bank tansaction files to prove the payments. I'm fling using turboTax and want to know which forms or how to file those payments

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. I look forward to helping you with your issue. The expense will be included on Schedule C of your business income tax return.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Brian. Thank you so much for your reply. Would you mind being more specific and indicate where (or which row numbers is where I specify those payments? Cheers, Masa

Certainly. What kind of services did they provide to your company? Based on the response I will be able to advise you where to include the deduction. Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Basically, I get paid by a customer (a business) in Chile and from the Payment I receive I pay to a Chilean company with whom I have an agreement to physically be at that customer's office helping as consultants using some of my intelectual property. Because the company I pay is not a USA business and therefore has no USA Tax ID I can't generate 1099 for them (or can I?). How do I file those payments?

It sounds like its consulting services they are providing. You can include this on line 27a (from line 48) of the Schedule C.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks, you've been awesome! Cheers

You're welcome. Please make sure you rate my responses so I receive credit for the answers. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Brian Michels and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you