How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29772
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need to get extension, lost my w-2s, 1099 forms.. Retired.

Customer Question

need to get extension
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: lost my w-2s, 1099 forms.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: My name is***** On social sec. Need time to get copies of w2-s Requested copy from ex employer today. won't get until May 1st I already did that earlier today. I don't know if it was accepted or not. can you check? I am not computer knowledgeable.
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 5 months ago.

Another way to request such extension is to make a payment via the IRS Direct Pay system.

Expert:  Lev replied 5 months ago.

Pay all or part of your estimated income tax due and indicate that the payment is for an extension using IRS Direct Pay.

You'll receive a confirmation number for your records.

Let me know if you need any help.