PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I bought a new computer and now I am having trouble to

Customer Question

I bought a new computer and now I am having trouble to transfer my 2015 tax data to 2016 Turbo Tax. Help
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have a HP desktop Pavilion 510-p030 with windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not sure when
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I know of
Category: Tax
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 6 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post. Unfortunately, if the system is not letting you transfer the 2015 data to your 2106 return, you would just need to re-enter all the information. The transfer is just for your convenience. It is not mandatory that the information be transferred. Unfortunately, if you cannot transfer the information, you would need to re-enter the information by answering the questions asked by your software. I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.