How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7197
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can i talk to a real person, i keep getting rejected on

Customer Question

how can i talk to a real person
JA: Are you saying I'm not real?
Customer: i keep getting rejected on fed tax, they say my adjusted gross income from last year is wrong,but it is the only number i have. i tried getting a transcript but all i get is more mail that doesnt let me do what i want
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: i don't know
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 6 months ago.

I can assure you I am a real person; a little beat up at the end of tax season, but still here. :]

There's some type of system matching problem at the IRS that keeps popping randomly with respect to e-file attempts getting rejected for no apparent reason.

Currently, there's no solution, and it's not likely to be corrected any time soon as to date I am not aware of any resolution of what is causing the problem.

In order to avoid wasting a lot of time, with no guarantee of success, the recommendation is to simplify file a paper return and avoid the problem all together.

It is highly unlikely that anything will be resolved by midnight tomorrow, so the only other alternative is to file for an automatic extension and pay any balance due using one of several alternatives, including simply sending along a check, with either a payment voucher or the actual paper extension, just like the "old days".

All I can say is that you are not alone as there are many, many taxpayers having the exact same problem.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit from the site for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,

Steve G.