Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Ductable, is a in kind donation tax dectable, It was a

Customer Question

ductable
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: is a in kind donation tax dectable
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: It was a donation for the dtroit Zoo Detroit Zoo
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.

By "In kind" if you mean the value of one's time for the services performed at no charge, unfortunately no.

We are not allowed as taxpayers to deduct the value of our time when we perform services for a non profit.

If you had any expenses that you paid yourself to do this work for the zoo, that amount is deductible.

Please let me know by posting below if you need clarification and so I know you could view the answer. If you do not require more information, a positive 5 star rating is appreciated.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.

Please rate in a positive way (look for the STARS ) so I am credited with responding.