Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am looking 2016 tax rate schedule for Trust and Estates to

Customer Question
finish 1041. Is it...
I am looking 2016 tax rate schedule for Trust and Estates to finish 1041. Is it the same schedule used for personal tax returns? If so is it the singles option that I use?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am filling out a trust return by following the 1041 directions.According to instructions for line 1 1041 Schedule G I am to look up the 2016 tax rates. The only rates I can find are the personal 2016 tax rates. Is this the tax rate I use and do I use the singles rates?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I have delayed filing any returns and have asked an accountant if she would do my returns but I have not gotten information to her yet. However in 2016 we did receive a 1099 with the trust name. Federal and state taxes were withheld so I think I need to file.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Tax
4/17/2017
Tax Professional: Anne, Master Tax Preparer replied 9 months ago
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Hi

Please see page 5 from below:

http://www.ustrust.com/publish/content/application/pdf/GWMOL/USTp_ARLTJWRG_04-2017.pdf

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars

It is ONLY through positive ratings that I am credited with my work here.

Thank you for choosing justanswer

I see you read my response but did not yet rate positive.

Do you have a follow up question? Is there anything else I can help you with?

Just wish I could have been directed to a free version of the page with the the tax schedule without having to answer all the questions and pay a fee for a schedule that should have been available for free. In any case, I think I will just file for an extension and hope I can reduce the tax that is owed.

I understand, but there is no free version of this site. We are a group of tax professionals, CPA's, EA's etc that answer people's questions and get paid for the work that we do here through positive ratings. I hope that you found my answer helpful and useful.

There is alot of talent on this website, so I hope that you will come back if the need ever arises again.

Please feel free to ask for me by name if I can help you in the future, and please take the moment to rate positive.

Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer