Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I'll try to make this quick. I have an unincorporated

Customer Question
Hello, I'll try to make...
Hello, I'll try to make this quick. I have an unincorporated business with my partner. I'm confused as to how I'm suppose to file my taxes because I also have a full time job. The business I have helps people collect excess proceeds from Los Angeles City Tax. In order to do this, the client has to sign over power of attorney to act on their behalf. We helped a client retrieve money. The check was issued in both of our names. we deposited the check in our business account then paid the client. Do we need to have a 1099 for the client?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: There is no accountant for us
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
4/17/2017
Tax Professional: Anne, Master Tax Preparer replied 7 months ago
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Hi

You only need to issue a 1099 if someone provides a service for you. For example, if you had someone that helped you keep your books, and you paid them more than $600 during the year.

So the answer to your question of whether you should provide a 1099 to your client is no.

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that I am credited with my work here.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.

I see that you read my response but have not yet rated positive.

Do you have a follow up question? Is there anything else I can help you with?

Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer