Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

Ello, Tassel. I am 87 years old and now for the first time I

Customer Question

ello
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My name is***** I am 87 years old and now for the first time I cannot get my taxes done in time. How do I go about filing an extension?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I do not have monthly withdrawal from my deceased husband's Pension with Alcatol-Lucent. I also have MI taxes to pay.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You can file Form 4868 for an extension of time to file your federal tax return. You can send a copy of Form 4868 to MI to request an extension.

As to federal, if you're making a payment with your extension request, mail Form 4868 to: ***** P.O. Box 802503 Cincinnati, OH###-##-#### If you're not making a payment, mail Form 4868 to ***** Fresno, CA###-##-####

As to Michigan, mail a copy of Form 4868 to

Michigan Department of Treasury

P.O. Box 30774

Lansing, MI ###-##-####/p>

http://www.taxextension.com/states/personal/michigan

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4868.pdf

Please remember that an extension of time to FILE your returns is not an extension of time to PAY.

If you are expecting a refund from the IRS or the State of Michigan, there is no need to file an extension. There is no late filing penalty assessed if you will receive a refund.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Thank you.