Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I was audited on my schedule C and the deductions that were…

i was audited on my...
i was audited on my schedule C and the deductions that were claimed for 2014 & 2015, the letter states if i don't respond to the letter , the IRS will issue an examination report showing additional taxes due. Does this mean they will just void my deductions on the Schedule C? the person that did my tax totally screwed me. The numbers she used were just out there, and i have nothing close to what is being asked i bring
4/17/2017
Rick Martin
Rick Martin, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, this is Rick. I'm a CPA based in NYC. There are a few things that could happen and they depend on the circumstances. I recommend we speak on the phone. Are you available later this afternoon?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will it cost more?

Just Answer will charge a fee, not me. But I recommend it. I can answer all your questions and provide you with answers on how to proceed. If you do not wish to incur this charge, the answer to your question is no, they will not void your deductions. They will make selective adjustments to them. You should respond to the letter and let them know what you can and cannot bring.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Call will work but i have a client i am meeting with right now. Will 2hrs work?

Are you available at 4:30 eastern time?

I will be tied up until after 5:30 eastern time. What time is good for you? -Rick

Are you available?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got side tracked, tomorrow

Ok, what time is best for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you talk today after 5pm Central?

yes

Let me know what time is best for you, then accept the invitation for a call, then a number will be provided. I look forward to speaking with you. -Rick

Are you available tomorrow at 11am EST?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No but iam after 1pm eastern

Ok I will look for you then. -Rick

Mike, do you still wish to speak about your IRS audit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you free
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If you can talk send me the link

Mike, sorry we haven't connected yet. Please let me know if you would you like to try again to set up a meeting time - I remain available at a time convenient for you - or if you prefer that I refer your question back to the team, in which case any expert online at the time should be able to help you. -Rick

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am free today all day or tomorrow after 5pm central time

Ok Mike I will look for you today at and after 5pm central time. -Rick

Hi Mike, are you available?

Great, I will try to resend the call invitation now.

Rick Martin
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What number do i call

Hi, it's Rick. I have the other information we discussed.