How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brian Michels Your Own Question
Brian Michels
Brian Michels, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 162
Experience:  Partner at Michels & Hanley CPAs, LLP
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Brian Michels is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a llc construction company and I got a 1099 to my

Customer Question

I own a llc construction company and I got a 1099 to my personal name. Do I have to do taxes under my personal name of where do I put it and the explaination on my company LLC taxes. I am using turbo tax and get a K1 from this company.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Brian Michels replied 6 months ago.
You should ask them to reissue the 1099 to the correct name and EIN number. You can also include on personal return as other income with an equal amount for expense (net to zero) and then pick up the income on the LLC. Contact me with any questions. Please make sure to rate the response as that's the only way I receive credit. Construction industry is one of my specialities. Make sure you take DPAD deduction on Form 8903 if you meet the requirements.