Brian Michels
Brian Michels, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Partner at Michels & Hanley CPAs, LLP
98625913

I own a llc construction company and I got a 1099 to my

Customer Question

I own a llc construction company and I got a 1099 to my personal name. Do I have to do taxes under my personal name of where do I put it and the explaination on my company LLC taxes. I am using turbo tax and get a K1 from this company.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Tax
Expert:  Brian Michels replied 2 months ago.
You should ask them to reissue the 1099 to the correct name and EIN number. You can also include on personal return as other income with an equal amount for expense (net to zero) and then pick up the income on the LLC. Contact me with any questions. Please make sure to rate the response as that's the only way I receive credit. Construction industry is one of my specialities. Make sure you take DPAD deduction on Form 8903 if you meet the requirements.