How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brian Michels Your Own Question
Brian Michels
Brian Michels, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 162
Experience:  Partner at Michels & Hanley CPAs, LLP
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Brian Michels is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

L already filed my state and Federal taxes using credit

Customer Question

l already filed my state and Federal taxes using credit karma, since then I received a schedule k-1 beneficiary's share of income and credit karma does not support this form and I need to file an amended return, any suggestions?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Brian Michels replied 6 months ago.
You will need to file an amended tax return. You can purchase another software or have a tax professional prepare the amended return. If you are interested in extending your services I can prepare the amended return. If you owe additional money it must be filed and paid by Tuesday, April 18th to avoid late payment penalties and interest.