How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29941
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was aid for the services I rendered but I was not given

Customer Question

I was aid for the services I rendered but I was not given the form 1099-Misc, what document should I use to file my income tax?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: This is just my concern now, what document should I support for an Unemployment income if I don't have the form 1099-misc?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: nothing more
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.

You actually will be treated as running your own business and will report all business income and expenses - on the schedule C -

The net income (after deductions) will be reported on the form 1040 line 12 -

If the business has net income over $400, it may be required to file Schedule SE, Self-Employment Tax

and net self-employment income is subject to 15.3% self-employment tax.


Self-employment taxes from schedule SE will go to the form 1040 line 57 -

Also - you will deduct half of self-employment taxes on the form 1040 line 27.

Generally - that all you need for tax purposes.

You may also find helpful following publication

Please verify your possible business expenses - that will help to reduce your tax liability