Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Can I get another copy of my father's form Ssa -1099 for…

Can I get another...

Can I get another copy of my father's form Ssa -1099 for 2016 for tax purposes. Somehow it has been lost and I need it for filing his taxes.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

He passed away Dec. 1, 2016 and I'm trying to file his taxes. The accountant says he didn't get it, but I am sure it was with all the other paperwork.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No that is all that is missing.

4/15/2017
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Please accept my deepest sympathy on the passing of your father.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security, so we do not have access to your personal information.

You can obtain a duplicate copy of your SSA-1099 in one of three ways:

1. If your father had an online Social Security account and you know the login information, you can view and print a copy of the SSA-1099.

2. Call 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Visit your local Social Security office.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Thank you.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Barb