Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Form IRS 982 III, a. is this only to be completed by

Form IRS 982 For Part III, a...
Form IRS 982
For Part III,
a. is this only to be completed by corporations? I am filing as an individual.
b. There is a note that states,
"You must attach a description of the transactions resulting in the nonrecognition of gain under section 1081."
Does this apply to my situation or is it only for corporations?
i. Also on Page 4 of the instructions, Part II Basis Reduction.
There are similar instructions but it's not clear whether it applies to my situation.
"You must attach a statement describing the transactions that resulted in the reduction in basis under section 1017 and identifying the property for which you reduced the basis."
ii. If a statement is required, do you know what type of verbiage and attachments are necessary?
4/15/2017
Rick Martin
Rick Martin, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi James, my name is*****'m a CPA based in NYC. I can step you through this over the phone if you like. Are you available for a call? If yes I will help set one up. There is an additional charge, but I recommend it. If you prefer to text, please let me know and I will opt out and give another expert the opportunity to respond.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the extra charge over the phone? Do you have you have first hand experience with Form 9892 and it's requirements. How long will you be available by phone. I am 6 hours behind you and wont be free for two hours.

Yes, I have first hand experience with 982. I can step you through it in less than 30 minutes. Tomorrow morning would be better, I think, if you can wait. Just Answer would charge about $80. This fee does not go to me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tomorrow morning is fine but I'm a little confused with the fee. It appears that I've already been charged $54.would there be an additional charge of $30.00 or $84.00. What time tomorrow EDT? I'm in hawaii so the earliest i could do it would be 12 EDT 6 HST

James, sorry I don't have visibility into what you have been charged already. The $84 would be on top of what you have already paid, not incremental. I can meet at a time convenient for you tomorrow if you like. -Rick

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok so i have the next 30 minutes free if you are available now. can we do it now?
James, let's please meet tomorrow at a time good for you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, 1pm EDT 7AM HST. how are we going to connect at that time tomorrow?
I will look for you at that time. Once you accept the invitation for a call, the system will allow me to give you my cell phone number, or you can provide your number if you prefer me to call you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok. i will be logged on at 1pm EDT. thank you.

Ok let's talk at 7am your time 1pm my time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Rick, I'm on line now.

I am as well. Please accept the invitation. If you don't see it, I can try and resend it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i did not receive invitation

Ok let me resend.

Rick Martin

You should see a phone number to call. If not, please let me know.