Chad CFP ®
Chad CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional
Experience:  Managing Director at Caros Group
98767339

An individual from Mexico (he is a Mexican citizen) set up

An individual from Mexico (he is a Mexican citizen) set up an LLC in the united states. the individual wants to file a federal tax return. Are there any issues I should be looking at

My Name is***** ® professional.

I understand you would like to file a single member LLC tax return for non-resident alien.

Answer

In order for a non-resident alien to file a single member LLC tax return the non-resident alien needs to do two things.

{C}1) The nonresident alien would need to obtain an individual tax identification number (ITIN) by completing IRS form W-7. The ITIN is a tax processing number only available to certain non-resident and resident aliens, their spouses and dependents who cannot get a Social Security Number.

{C}2) Next the non-resident alien would have to complete the Form SS-4, this form requires the name and tax payer identification or ITIN number for one member of the LLC. This will allow the non-resident alien to receive a Federal Employer Identification number (FEIN).

I have included the links below to form W-7 and the link to apply for an Employer Identification number (FEIN)

https://www.irs.gov/uac/about-form-w7

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/apply-for-an-employer-identification-number-ein-online

If you have any follow up questions, please don’t hesitate to ask,

If you are satisfied with my answer, please take a moment to rate my service. Ratings of three stars and higher are considered positive ratings.

I always strive to deliver Five Star services to my clients. If you do not feel you have received Five Star service please let me know. Feedback is always welcome.

Regards,

Chad CFP ® professional