Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Form misc box 3 income from washing cars, it I'm not self

Customer Question
Form misc box 3 income...
Form misc box 3 income from washing cars, it I'm not self employed
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Work at car detail business and I wash cars. Owner gave me misc 1099 with box 3 checked. Do I pay we tax.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Do I pay we tax. I do not own a business
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/11/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 8 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

A person is not required to own a business to be self employed or a Non Employee.

Yes you must report this income. The IRS also received a copy so they have already been advised that you were paid for this service.

Please rate in a positive way (look for the STARS ) so I am credited with responding.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4