Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If my deductions are less than the standard deductions and I

have no taxes to file...
If my deductions are less than the standard deductions and I have no taxes to file do I need to file.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I get
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I started with taxact through Credit Karma and according to them I have no refund coming to me in Federal or State. All I have is Social Security .
4/11/2017
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

If your only income is Social Security, you don't need to file an income tax return.

Do you have any follow-up questions?

I have my house taxes that I pay yearly. Does That mean I still don't have to pay taxes.
I can't afford the $52.

You don't have to pay any income taxes; you still have to pay your real estate taxes.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit from the site for assisting you today.

Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
I know that I still have to pay my house taxes or they will take it from me. Thank you for your help.
Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert