Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

If my deductions are less than the standard deductions and I…

If my deductions are...

If my deductions are less than the standard deductions and I have no taxes to file do I need to file.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I get

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I started with taxact through Credit Karma and according to them I have no refund coming to me in Federal or State. All I have is Social Security .

4/11/2017
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

If your only income is Social Security, you don't need to file an income tax return.

Do you have any follow-up questions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have my house taxes that I pay yearly. Does That mean I still don't have to pay taxes.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't afford the $52.

You don't have to pay any income taxes; you still have to pay your real estate taxes.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit from the site for assisting you today.

Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know that I still have to pay my house taxes or they will take it from me. Thank you for your help.