Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I want to have my taxes from last year reviewed and maybe a…

I want to have...

I want to have my taxes from last year reviewed and maybe a review of my taxes this year

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I wound up paying last year because a previous company sold and I owned stock. I submitted via TurboTax (and I clearly should have had a CPA help me) and my tax bill was large and inaccurate. Then I had to amend and file again. Now I owe again this year because for the first 2 months of last year I was a contractor (no taxes removed). Do you file/review tax returns?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Not immediately, just want to find out what services you offer

4/6/2017
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. We can provide this service. It would be a premium service though. Let me know if you would like the service.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How much is it? And what does the service offer? Like I send you photos of my receipts and such for this year and you file my taxes? You review my taxes from last year to look for things I missed? I won't be able to spend time working on this until the weekend. Is that OK?

I will send an offer - I have to send them together, though.

Let me know what state, what needs to be done in each year. The rate will include the JA charge.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, working on my taxes now. One question: I have a nanny. We pay her $882/week. We don't take taxes out but she files taxes. Should we be taking taxes out each week? And since we don't, do we just report it now? I'm currently working on a Schedule T in Turbo Tax. So do I just enter the amount I paid her? I think that's what I did last year HOWEVER I just received notice from SSA saying that their records for 2015 don't align with what they received from the IRS. What did I do wrong and how do I correct it this year? l live in California. When I entered the amount I paid my nanny in 2016 (roughly $45,000) in the Schedule T, my federal tax bill jumped from ~18K to $22K. Does that sound right?
I would get her social security #, since you paid her. This year, I would take out taxes.
She needs to claim her income as well, so it will align. I would send her a 1099 Misc for last year, too.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah, so I do pay taxes when I file in April. I did last year as well. She claims it, too. We share joint records so the amounts should align--we just both pay at the end of the year in April instead of taking it out weekly. I enter her SSN and everything. Is that ok (doing it in April instead of weekly)? I know it's my nanny's preference. I can send her an official 1099-MISC instead of just our shared Google Doc with her weekly pay, if that helps. Will that take care of the SSA part, where they didn't have a record of my filing last year but I did pay nanny taxes via the IRS?
Hi. This year, you have to report payroll taxes each quarter for your Nanny.
Here is some additional information. It is advised that you should be taking out payroll taxes for her. Here is some information on this:
https://www.care.com/homepay/nanny-tax-guide
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group