Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If I have an installment agreement can IRS take money from

my account? JA: The Accountant will...
if I have an installment agreement can IRS take money from my account?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have installment agreement with the IRS for 2013, 2014, and 2015 taxes owed. If I have a business account with my name on it, can IRS take money from that account?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I think that's all you need to know
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/6/2017
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

The IRS does not generally levy an account when you are in an installment agreement and are current with your payments. If you default, yes, they can and will levy an account that has your name on the account.

thank you!!

You are most welcome.
A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4