Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am working on my itemized deductions (schedule a), can you…

I am working on my...
I am working on my itemized deductions (schedule a), can you tell me which line should I put 1) interest paid on the mortgage 2) property tax 3) home owner insurance.
Thank you
4/3/2017
Richard, Tax Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good afternoon. Mortgage interest goes on Line 10. Property tax goes on Line 6. Home owner insurance on your residence is not a deductible item.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Tax Attorney

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.