Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Filing a joint return...additional income my wife earned is…

filing a joint return...additional...

filing a joint return...additional income my wife earned is offering private German language lessons...no business records, nor does she operate as listed business...word of mouth per social networking...does she have to claim any amount earned? If so, how or what line entry do we add this income...came to $4500 cash and personal checks

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Not at this time

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2017
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

She does not have to be a listed business to have self employment income. The $4500 would be reported on Schedule C or she could use the Schedule C EZ. The $4500 is GROSS INCOME line 1.

Please let me know if you need clarification. If you do not then a positive 5 star rating is appreciated.
A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4