Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I filed my return (Form 1040) for 2016 which resulted in an

Customer Question
overpayment (to be credited against...
I filed my return (Form 1040) for 2016 which resulted in an overpayment (to be credited against 2017 estimated taxes. I found later that I underreported my income and files an amended return (1040X) which increased the tax due and reduced the overpayment. I then received a notice of tax due for the increase. I returned the form with the notation that the amount had actually been paid, and to apply the overpayment. I then received a second notice four the additional tax due which threatened enforcement action, seizure of bank account, tax liens etc.
What do I do now?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Tax
3/27/2017
Tax Professional: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

Do you agree that you have an unpaid tax liability -- or, do you believe that the IRS has made an error?

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney