Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need a form SSA 1099 social security benefit statement…

Customer Question
I need a form...

I need a form SSA 1099 social security benefit statement 2016. I do not need legal advice. My social security number is###-##-####

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in Texas

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. I am going crazy trying to find this document so I can take my material to my accountant

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My name is***** I live in Austin, TX 78759,*****

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/26/2017
Tax Professional: Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert replied 1 year ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Here are the detail instructions on how to get a duplicate copy online; it's not a bad as it looks, I just wanted to include everything so you don't wind up in the wrong place:

The form that you can receive online at ssa.gov at your MySocialSecurity account is an exact duplicate of the one that comes in the mail.

Let me walk you through what you need to do:

Try this link it is a more direct route (you will have to copy & paste it in your address box):

http://blog.ssa.gov/tag/federal-taxes/

click on the "continue reading" link below the picture of the happy beneficiary

then click on the this link in the middle of the page:

www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount

then either set up a "My Social Security" account or sign into your existing account.

scroll to the bottom of the Terms of Service page and "agree" to their terms

hit "Next"

then click on "Replacement Documents" at the top of the page.

Scroll down and click on this link:

View / Print / Save your Replacement 2016 SSA-1099/SSA-1042S

click "OK" to continue

Your 1099 Replacement Form will magically appear.

You can view it, save it, or print it; whatever you want

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit from the site, for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,