Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How much does irs allow per mile on personal vehicle used…

Customer Question
How much does irs...

How much does irs allow per mile on personal vehicle used for charitable work?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I do travel for the BSA during the summer, and I use my vehicle to drive to my doctors several times a year. How much can I deduct per mile for my personal vehicle?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No, I just need to calculate to enter on my itemized deduction worksheet.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/24/2017
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 1 year ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Pursuant to the IRS (https://www.irs.gov/uac/newsroom/2016-standard-mileage rates-for-business-medical-and-moving-announced): '

"Beginning on Jan. 1, 2016, the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (also vans, pickups or panel trucks) will be:

• 54 cents per mile for business miles driven, down from 57.5 cents for 2015
  • 19 cents per mile driven for medical or moving purposes, down from 23 cents for 2015
  • 14 cents per mile driven in service of charitable organizations"

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!