Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am in the middle of a divorce after a 41 year marriage.

Customer Question
My"husband" will not respond and...
I am in the middle of a divorce after a 41 year marriage. My"husband" will not respond and neither will his attorney as to whether he has already filed. I think he has filed married/jointly colluding with the accountant and used my electronic signature without my authorization. How can I find out?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Yes - that may be determined.

You will need to request your tax return transcript and it will show all information that was filed under your name.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Request it from whom?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
His lawyer won't even reveal answer to my counsel.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is in my opinion, allegedly a fraud site. Reporting to PayPal and other entities now. I would strongly advise you NOT to charge my account one red cent.

You may use your tax return transcript which may be obtained from the IRS relatively fast and free of charge.

Upon successful registration, IRS will give you the option to “continue” and use Get Transcript Online. They’ll ask you the reason you need a transcript to help you determine which type may be best for you. Get Transcript Online provides access to all transcript types and available years for you to view, print, or download from your browser.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If you are not able to do that online - you may use form 4506T

and mail it to the IRS

https://www.irs.gov/uac/about-form-4506t