Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

We paid our withholding to ADP and they have refused to

Customer Question
We paid our withholding...

We paid our withholding to ADP and they have refused to issue the W2 to the employees because we still owe them 1 payment, is it their responsibity to issue the W2? We have paid and they have taken the money out of the pay checks of our employees?

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

Nothing that I can think of...Our company has serious cash issues and we are unable to pay them this one payment at this moment but we will.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/21/2017
Tax Professional: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. Great Question. I would look at the contract. However, W2's are required to be distributed. I would contact your legal counsel, if you have one internally. Also - what is your headcount - are you able to fill out the W2's for now on your own, so the employees have them for their taxes? Thanks.

They have to have a copy of the W2's, no matter what - since these had to be received by the tax department at the end of January.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Should I just tell.ADP to send the W2 because it's the law and they took put money out of our employees checks?

Yes. Also - it should be in your original contract with them, as well - I would look under the "Annual Reporting" section.

A positive rating is very much appreciated. Thank you.