Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I'm a California resident and a sole proprietor. If I need

Hi,I'm a California resident and...
Hi,I'm a California resident and a sole proprietor. If I need to pay tax, what is the exact form I file for an extension in California, and what form would I file with the federal government? (I don't think I owe any federal tax).I like to mail forms -- I do not want to e-file.Thanks!
3/20/2017
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

To file federal extension you will use form 4868: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4868.pdf

To make a payment with your CA extension you will use form 3519: https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2015/15_3519.pdf

Thank you!
For some reason, I am not allowed by the system to give you a star rating: Do you know why?

You're welcome.

Is there anything else I can help you with today? The rating box should be available now. Thank you.

emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser