Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

There is no credit on Illinois personal tax return for

property tax paid for vehicle...
There is no credit on Illinois personal tax return for property tax paid for vehicle, correct?
Thanks,
3/17/2017
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Itemized and standard deductions are not allowed in Illinois, which is consistent with the state's flat tax.

You may not claim anything that was shown on your federal itemized deductions.

Please let me know if you need clarification. If you do not then a positive 5 star rating is appreciated.
A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response.

Did you need me to clarify?

What I want to know is the property tax on vehicle purchase, not the sales tax. Thanks again!

No the state does not have a credit for that unfortunately.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Ok, thanks!

You are most welcome.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4