Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Disability Tax Credit - Is there a US tax credit for a child

Disability Tax Credit -Hello, Is there...
Disability Tax Credit -Hello,
Is there a US tax credit for a child with a disability diagnosis? I am seeing a T2201 credit but believe that is just related to Canadian Tax.Thanks,
3/16/2017
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Although there are many credits that take into account if your child is disabled (Earned Income Credit and Child care are 2) there is no specific credit just for having a disabled child.

Please let me know if you need clarification. If you do not then a positive 5 star rating is appreciated.
A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4