Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Can you still deduct mortgage interest and real estate taxes…

Customer Question
Can you still deduct...

Can you still deduct mortgage interest and real estate taxes payments?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The only two deductions that were not asked for in TACACT were

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Mortgage interest and real estate taxes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
2/28/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Yes - you are eligible to deduct mortgage interest on your primary and ONE secondary home.

You may deduct real estate taxes and personal property taxes all all assets you own.

You would need to itemize in order to benefit from these deductions.

Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor