Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

I live in PA. I have a W-2 from DE and a W-2 from PA. Do I

Customer Question

I live in PA. I have a W-2 from DE and a W-2 from PA. Do I have to file a DE NR return?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I live in PA. I have a W-2 from DE and a W-2 from PA. Do I have to file a DE NR return?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: nope
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. You would file a DE Non-resident return and a PA resident return. Usually, the resident state will give you a credit for taxes paid to other states. Let me check on this for you.

If you file as a resident in PA, you would receive a credit for taxes paid in another state. On the Delaware return you would pay taxes on only the DE income. On the PA return you would pay taxes on all of the income (assuming that you lived in PA the entire year). The tax credit is designed to prevent the double taxation of the income.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Mark.

It was my pleasure. I was happy to help. If you would take a moment to rate my response I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way that I will receive credit for helping you today. There should be stars located above the question. Thank you.