How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 34316
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need help entering husband and wifes 1099r on joint return.

Customer Question

need help entering husband and wifes 1099r on joint return
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: dell
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: call at(###) ###-#### Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Are you using TubroTax?
If yes - here are step-by step instructions...

1. When you have your return open, you will want to click on the Federal Taxes Tab
2. You will then want to select the Wages & Income Sub-Tab
3. Now press the Explore On My Own
4. At this time, scroll down the page which should now show a list of available areas to visit
5. Under the Retirement Plans and Social Security section you should now see the IRA, 401(k), Pension Withdrawals (1099-R) section. You will want to select the Start option to the right.
6. You should now see a screen titled Your 1099-R and the radio option (circular 'check box') for Yes should be selected. You can now press Continue to input your 1099-R!

Please see here for reference and screenshots if you are looking for more details.