Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Need help entering husband and wifes 1099r on joint return.

Customer Question
Need help entering husband...

Need help entering husband and wifes 1099r on joint return

Accountant's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Dell

Accountant's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

Call at(###) ###-#### Thank you

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
1/22/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Are you using TubroTax?
If yes - here are step-by step instructions...

1. When you have your return open, you will want to click on the Federal Taxes Tab
2. You will then want to select the Wages & Income Sub-Tab
3. Now press the Explore On My Own
4. At this time, scroll down the page which should now show a list of available areas to visit
5. Under the Retirement Plans and Social Security section you should now see the IRA, 401(k), Pension Withdrawals (1099-R) section. You will want to select the Start option to the right.
6. You should now see a screen titled Your 1099-R and the radio option (circular 'check box') for Yes should be selected. You can now press Continue to input your 1099-R!

Please see here for reference and screenshots if you are looking for more details.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/announcements/1612704

Questions?

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor