Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How are you, ok i am a uk citizen with a german wife i have

Customer Question
hello how are you good...
hello how are you good afternoon
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: ok i am a uk citizen with a german wife i have been living in dubai for the last 15 years and am looking to move to queensland
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: i am not looking to really work there, but to live off of assetts that are held over seas
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Tax
i have property in the uk i get taxed on and the rest of my funds would be held in switerzerland.
i am wondering how much tax i would pay on this
1/11/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 10 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

As an Australian resident:

• you must declare all income you earned anywhere in the world on your tax return
  • you're entitled to the tax-free threshold – this means there is no tax on your income up to a certain amount
  • you'll generally pay the Medicare levy.

The following link contains additional, excellent information you will find helpful:

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/International-tax-for-individuals/Coming-to-Australia/Paying-tax-and-lodging-a-tax-return/What-income-you-pay-tax-on/

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know and I will further assist you.

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent