How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3282
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How are you, ok i am a uk citizen with a german wife i have

Customer Question

hello how are you good afternoon
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: ok i am a uk citizen with a german wife i have been living in dubai for the last 15 years and am looking to move to queensland
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: i am not looking to really work there, but to live off of assetts that are held over seas
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i have property in the uk i get taxed on and the rest of my funds would be held in switerzerland.
i am wondering how much tax i would pay on this
Expert:  Barbara replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

As an Australian resident:

  • you must declare all income you earned anywhere in the world on your tax return
  • you're entitled to the tax-free threshold – this means there is no tax on your income up to a certain amount
  • you'll generally pay the Medicare levy.

The following link contains additional, excellent information you will find helpful:

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  Barbara replied 5 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know and I will further assist you.


Related Tax Questions