How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a tax debt and I'm currently paying 100 monthly as

Customer Question

I have a tax debt and I'm currently paying 100 monthly as per an agreement with the IRS. I just recently lost my stepmother and she left me about 8000 dollars. Per my agreement with the IRS, can they still freeze my account and take the funds? I'm not in default
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I work full time and have insurance. The debt is about 7000 dollars
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon. Just to confirm, you have an installment agreement with the IRS in place?