How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I put up $150,000 in an on going company to take over 50

Customer Question

If I put up $150,000 in an on going company to take over 50 am I able to deduct any of this if I have a parntership schedule k-1 at the end of the year?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: ok my uncle and another uncle own 50% each of a business one of them wants to retire and I would take his 50% including current debts, etc. I invest $150,000 as well and at year end I receive a schedule K-1 Partnership with ordinary business income am I able to deduct any of the Money I put up to offset some of the ordinary income?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no Im just thinking about doing this but need advise?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question. Is this a LLC that you are purchasing an interest in? Does the LLC have any assets?