How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JACUSTOMER-8nme36c9- Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4
Experience:  dasdasd
Type Your Tax Question Here...
JACUSTOMER-8nme36c9- is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you are self employed and the only estimated taxes that

Customer Question

If you are self employed and the only estimated taxes that you pay (for tax year 2017) is on the 15th of January, 2018 and the amount paid equals the amount of your tax liability incurred in 2016, are you protected under safe harbor from paying any underpayment or estimated payment penalty due to the timing of the payment?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-8nme36c9- replied 9 months ago.


This is correct in a general way. To make sure I recommend filling out the estimated tax worksheet available on the IRS website.

Thank you,


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
FYI, System is not allowing me to enter rating for your work.
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-8nme36c9- replied 9 months ago.

Thank you! I checked a box hoping it allows you to rate. I appreciate you! Have a wonderful day