How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rakhi.v Your Own Question
rakhi.v, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4545
Experience:  Have graduated in Law with specialization & emphasis in Financial Laws and has working experience of over a decade.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
rakhi.v is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have spply for my super through hardship ground. I apply

Customer Question

have spply for my super through hardship ground.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i apply througj hardship ground
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: yes the suncorp bank holding my supper .I got $19,400 in my account i got a lettet from the centrlink call Q230 the bank said they will only give $10,000 and they 22 % tax but i have already given them my tax file number my question is there a reason for taking that much tax from my supper
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  rakhi.v replied 8 months ago.

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

YES -- They are correct.

A super withdrawal due to severe financial hardship is paid and taxed as a normal super lump sum. The minimum amount that can be paid is $1,000 and the maximum amount is $10,000. You can only make one withdrawal from your super fund because of severe financial hardship in any 12-month period.

The following are excellent references and very informative resource.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,