How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Sept. I began the process of building an internet

Customer Question

In Sept. I began the process of building an internet business with the New Era Business Network however it is not complete and I am cancelling. An EIN
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Number but since the business will not be used will I have to send in a tax return. My EIN number is ***** the name for the business was to be Winchell Worldwide LLC
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Number on notice is CP575 Gname control for EIN is WINC. I am cancelling all business and will not continue witth an internet businessl
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Did you have any costs associated with the business?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I paid a total of $5,545.00 for training services etc.
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 6 months ago.

Do you plan on doing anything with the business in the future?

Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 6 months ago.

If you are a single member LLC and did not make an election to be treated as a corporation you would want to report these amounts on a Schedule C. You are able to expense up to $5,000 of organization costs. The remainder would be amortized over 15 years. However, if you close the LLC you would expense the entire amount.