Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

In Sept. I began the process of building an internet

Customer Question
In Sept. I began the...
In Sept. I began the process of building an internet business with the New Era Business Network however it is not complete and I am cancelling. An EIN
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Number but since the business will not be used will I have to send in a tax return. My EIN number is ***** the name for the business was to be Winchell Worldwide LLC
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Number on notice is CP575 Gname control for EIN is WINC. I am cancelling all business and will not continue witth an internet businessl
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
1/5/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Did you have any costs associated with the business?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I paid a total of $5,545.00 for training services etc.

Do you plan on doing anything with the business in the future?

If you are a single member LLC and did not make an election to be treated as a corporation you would want to report these amounts on a Schedule C. You are able to expense up to $5,000 of organization costs. The remainder would be amortized over 15 years. However, if you close the LLC you would expense the entire amount.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney