Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
72280797

You must be the A.I. of the web site...always on, never

You must be the A.I. of the web site...always on, never tires. JA: I'm an assistant to the Lawyer. I work with them to help customers like you. Customer: It's complicated...We own our own home, but we are not married. I'm 67 she's 60 in July. I have cardiac issues and she has Parkinson's. we need the right life's coach to help us from running out of money. JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? Customer: BUFFALO, NY YUP....IT'S SNOWING....I'M TRYING TO SHOVEL AND TYPE AT THE SAME TIME . JA: Has anything been filed or reported? Customer: NO JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: I'M BACK DR.JAMES *********** JULIE ***********

Dear Customer,

All seniors in the baby boomer generation face the same thing. We are fighting against running out of money, being sent to the long-term care facility and under Medicaid in double room or larger. The reason is that not many of us have retirement pension other than social security.

1) New York is one of the best senior benefit. So, you may not want to relocate.

2) Consider to relocate to southern states without taxation on retirement income. Nevada, Las Vegas in one cheap place. It is a city of second chance. So, there are many smaller apartments with lower price.

3) Inventory your family relationships between two of you. At our older age, our relationship with others become our assets, too.

4) You are still very young relatively speaking. It is good time to do the planning to relate, etc.

5) There is something called "medicaid planning". That is a realistic look on how long we can last until we have to go on medicaid. There are people at age 66, fully healthy, without any savings or assets, move to senior citizen home for long term care and to be entirely under Medicaid for housing, food, health care and everything.

6) Seriously consider getting married.

7) Seriously consider reverse mortgage. But you need to wait until she is over 62 so that both of you can be protected to stay in the house.

8) Consult with local, county Department of Aging to search for your alternatives in terms of long term care and senior citizen benefits.

Please feel free to follow up.

Regards,

Fiona

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP, IMTA