Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
17027240

I WOULD LIKE TO GET A COPY OF MY FEDERAL TAX FOR 2015. A

Customer Question

I WOULD LIKE TO GET A COPY OF MY FEDERAL TAX FOR 2015
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: A DELL I9NSPIRON
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Good morning. You can handle this several ways.

i) Online: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=232168,00.html ; ii) Telephone: 1-***-***-****; or iii) By mail by filing IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return).

Since you mentioned that the return was filed by Turbo Tax, you can use the following free link to download a copy from TT https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Copy-of-Return/Access-2010-or-Earlier-Free-Edition-Returns/HOW13547.html?_requestid=22103

The foregoing process can take up to 5-10 days; if you need it more quickly, visit an accountant or lawyer in your area and sign a Form 2848, Power of Attorney and let him call the call the IRS' Tax Practitioner Hotline which is available to attorneys, accountants, and EA's. He/she can ask them to fax a transcript of your tax returns while you wait.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars J). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!