Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

I'm self employed and have my wife as a partner in our

Customer Question

I'm self employed and have my wife as a partner in our partnership LLC and would like to know how much can I contribute to a SEP account for me and my wife. My wife has 49 percent and I have 51 percent of the business. Also, are catchup contributions allowed?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: My wife is also fully employed at another company. Does that matter? She contributes to her 401K.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. The amount that you are able to contribute to the SEP account would be limited by the earned income of the LLC. You would be able to contribute 20% of the earned income.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.