Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

A business owner organized as an LLC, but taxed as an S Corp

Customer Question
can be exempt from SDI? JA...
A business owner organized as an LLC, but taxed as an S Corp can be exempt from SDI?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: That is all there is. I thought business owners could file for exemption
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
1/4/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Any person who is a corporate officer and sole shareholder, or the only shareholder other than his

or her spouse, may file a statement electing to be excluded only from State Disability Insurance (SDI) coverage for contributions and benefits, which includes Paid Family Leave (PFL).

Here is the form

http://edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de459.pdf

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4