How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I owned two pieces of property in a condominium association,

Customer Question

I owned two pieces of property in a condominium association, one I lived in the other was just land. I sold both last year, the residence for exactly what we paid, the non residence for a loss. Can I claim the loss in any way on my taxes?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: The loss was $23,000. We are retired and have a pension, if it matters.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Were the properties sold separately?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just wondering if it can be claimed. And if so what forms.