How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 12698
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I cannot find my 2016 reports to to organize for tax

Customer Question

I cannot find my 2016 reports to to organize for tax purposes.
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Gmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Ipad
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Help page that talks about PDF and CSV
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I struggle every year with this
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name's Lane. I'm so sorry but there are only a couple of ways to get copies of the SSA-1099.


You can go here: MySocialSecurity


Click on the green area of the screen that says "Sign In or Create an Account"


Then you can set up your My Social Security account where you can print out the 1099's, your award letter, etc. immediately.


You can also call Social Security.


By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday


You could also walk into the local Social Security Office

Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

I hope you’ll rate me (using those stars, or faces on your screen, by clicking submit) based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good news / bad news content.

Otherwise I’ll receive no compensation for the work here at all, from JustAnswer.

Thank you!


I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents since 1986.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm confused, what does your answer have to do with the expense reports I do monthly, save and email to myself using expensify?
Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

So sorry ... this came through the tax/finance/ and social security area....( and we've been flooded wit request like this as it relates to SSA recipients losing their SSA) 1099's


Sounds like what you need is the financial software area.


I'll move the question to that category. Don't reply, that will just make the question come back here and hold up a financial software expert from answering.


Again, so sorry.. Someone should be with you shortly