Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am filling out Schedule C-4 General Questionnaire and I

Customer Question
have no idea how to...
I am filling out Schedule C-4 General Questionnaire and I have no idea how to complete it. Can you please help?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I work for Toyota and I travel with my job. My tax preparer included my trips and expenses on my 2014 return. I am being audited and asked to fill out this questionnaire and send in receipts
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: My deadline to return info was 12/31. I have been waiting on my tax preparer with info. He just emailed me the info. Do you think it's possible the IRS will give me an extension. I think that's it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
1/3/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You should immediately contact the IRS and request an extension of the 12/31/16 deadline. Meeting the IRS deadlines are critical and every effort should be made to meet the deadline or call in advance of the deadline to request an extension.

Please let me know the specific areas you do not know how to complete so I can help you.

Thank you.

Barb

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The form is asking for Business Name, who owns the business, who runs the business, and business records. I am not self employed. I work for a corporation. So I am not sure how to complete any of this form. Please advise. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my questions.

Does your tax return for 2014 include a Schedule C? If so, your tax preparer made a mistake and should not have included Schedule C. Because you are an employee, your expenses should have been included on Form 2106.

While we sort this out, call the IRS and request an extension of the deadline.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank you.

If your tax preparer used Schedule C instead of Form 2106, your 2014 tax return will need to be amended.

Please let me know if I can assist you further with this.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Thank you.

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent