Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am assigned a company utility truck (registered at 19,000…

I am assigned a...

I am assigned a company utility truck (registered at 19,000 lbs). I travel daily to different locations in 5 or 6 different states every day to accomplish my work. Company policy denies me use of the vehicle for any personal use. Is this considered a taxable fringe benefit?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I don't know. The tax code is very confusing. I'm hoping the accountant will know what other information will help answer my question

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2017
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Please give me a moment to prepare your response.

If the truck is used 100% for business this would not be considered a fringe benefit. A fringe benefit would be only if you used the truck for personal use.

Mark Taylor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Under what section of the tax code is this found?
Phone call session started